The atmosphere contains large amounts of water in the form of vapor and moisture. We are surrounded by invisible water in the way of humidity. The atmospheric water generators (AWG) are demonstrating that you can convert that humidity into usable water for drinking and many other uses.
An easy way to understand this technology is by observing a cold glass of water and see how droplets of water form outside the glass. With the same condensation principle, water generators extract the humidity of the air by the cold refrigeration coils, drawing moisture out of the atmosphere and forming tiny water droplets, producing a renewable source of usable water.
How much water can an Atmospheric Water Generator produce?
An AWG can produce considerable amounts of clean water. The water production of a water generator depends on two conditions: Temperature and Relative Humidity. The temperature has to be at least a few degrees above freezing. Humidity has to be present, and water production is greater at humidity percent above 30%.
There is not one-fit-all AWG. Climate conditions of the area of installation and applications of the water produced to make a difference in which options in the market will meet your particular needs.
Make water from air.
Although humidity percentages vary, it certainly can be capture and repurpose as a renewable and sustainable source of water.
Why you need one?
Atmospheric water generation is an innovative and practical technology – condense humidity to produce water. Water vapor is the cleanest, most sustainable, and lowest impact on or environment.
Here are some factors to consider:
- You want to be prepared in the event of an emergency when you cannot rely on normal source of water like tap water, natural resources, and bottled water.
- You don’t have access to potable water where you live.
- There are concerns about the quality of the water that you and your family are drinking.
- You are suffering water restriction due to drought or boil-water alerts.
- There are concerned about the environment impact of the water that you use and tired of buying and storing expensive bottled water.
- You have concerns about the ground water chemicals.
Choose the right solutions for your water needs
- Your local atmosphere. Moisture in the air is the primary material of an AWG – temperature, and humidity.
You need to know if the Water Generator system that you are considering can operate efficiently on the climate conditions where you live. Do not hesitate to ask in what operating temperatures and humidity ranges the machine can perform the best.
- The size of the water generator you would need depends on your water consumption. Do you know how much water an average person uses?
- Learn about the durability and replacement parts available. Where is the machine made? Is it resistant to challenging climate conditions? Imagine you live close to the sea – the unit will be exposed to sea air. Your machine will need to be resistant to corrosion.
Does the company offer replacement parts for the consumables? Can you get it serviced locally? You want to be able to continue using your machine for decades without having to dispose of it because you are unable to find the right filters or any other parts that you need.